Sunday, January 11, 2009

Chapter 12

Amber awoke to the sweet acoustic strains of Bed of Roses being played on a guitar, Jon Bon Jovi’s voice crooning the words softly, not remembering putting a CD in her player, slowly opening her eyes, she was startled to realize that sun was streaming into her bedroom and he was sitting casually on her bed, the autographed guitar she’d won during a fan club trip auction balanced on his lap. Her heart flipped over as he smiled lazily at her, continuing the song, memories of their night of love flashing through her brain, how he made sweet love to her, how she’d played connect the dots with her tongue down his body with special attention to one she particularly loved just above the v that led to his wondrous cock that she spent long minutes lovingly showing how much she wanted it. That he told her in the heat of the moment that he loved her hadn’t registered then and now she suspected it was a rash statement made without thought or meaning, although seeing him naked playing that guitar was doing odd things to her insides.

“Morning” he purred after finishing the song, putting the guitar aside and bending forward to kiss her tenderly.

“Morning. That was an incredible way to wake up.”

“My pleasure darlin’.”

“Tell me the guitar was laying out in the living room” realizing that he’d most likely found it in her spare bedroom that was decorated in Bon Jovi memorabilia and wincing at him having seen the extensiveness of her collection.

Laughing lightly, he shook his head, the blond hair flying and she noticed he was unshaven this morning, the light stubble covering his jaws sending shimmering need down to her already wet pussy. “Oh god, you went in there didn’t you?”

“You did say you were a fan.” Kissing her again, wanting her to forget that he’d invaded her privacy and the one room that fascinated him with an unvarnished look at how much she loved the band before ever meeting him. That he autographed every piece she owned with personalized messages was his secret, it would be a surprise the next time she walked into that room. “I am impressed with your collection. So what do you want to hear next, darlin’?” He straightened and began strumming absently.

“How about ‘I Am’ or maybe a couple of verses of fuck me until I can’t walk?”

Chuckling at the heat that was coming from her gaze directed at his semi-hard cock, he laid the guitar back down onto the floor and crawled across to where she was laying. “Your wish is my command.”

Hours later his cell phone ringing woke them from post coital bliss, rolling over Jon reached for it and cursed before answering. “Damn it, Evan’s on the phone. What the hell am I going to tell him?”

“That you got sidetracked? I don’t know! Just don’t tell him you’re here.” Crawling away as if to escape the intrusion from her boss, Amber gathered the sheet to cover her nakedness.

Chuckling at her deer in the headlights look with the sheet grasped tightly against her breasts, Jon couldn’t help but comment “he can’t see you darlin’. Let me take this and we’ll deal with it. Hey Evan, what’s up?” He leaned towards her so she could hear both ends of the conversation.

“So where’d you vanish off to so quickly?”

“I had something come up that I had to take care of.” His eyes were glittering with humor at the way he was avoiding the subject, while caressing the inside of Amber’s thigh even as she batted at his fingers.

“I’ll bet. So what did you think of my assistant? Sweet little piece isn’t she?”

“Now Evan, that’s no way to talk about an employee. I’m certain you can say more about her than that.” Her interest piqued when he began leading Evan on with his questions. Never had she expected her proper boss to talk about her like she was meat.

“Yeah, when it comes to business. Girl’s a cracker jack and doesn’t even know it and isn’t paid anywhere near what she’d be worth if she showed some moxie. Hell, just yesterday she brought me an idea that will make the company millions and she won’t see a dime. But outside the office, I’m telling you Jon, if I wasn’t married I’d be chasing that tail. Never saw her look so good as she did last night and Jesus, she’s got more curves than the Shenandoah Parkway.”

It was all Jon could do to fend her hands off that were grabbing at the phone to tell her boss off. He realized immediately that he shouldn’t have let her hear what Evan was saying. “Yeah, well, I gotta go, what’d you call about?”

“The car, man. When you coming to get her?”

“Shit, I nearly forgot all about it. Okay, I’ll be over around, say six?”

“Perfect, we’re grilling out anyway, you can stay for dinner.”

“Fine, I’ll see you then.” He hung up the phone quickly to the sounds of her protests. “You tell me not to let him know we’re together and then you’re trying to steal the phone away? What’s going on in your head?”

“Him! How dare he speak of me like that and what the hell did he mean they’d make millions off that idea? It was just a new program idea, I pass them along all the time. It’s my job.”

“Apparently you’re underpaid. What do you do there?”

“I’m Evan’s assistant. I read through the piles of program ideas that come in unsolicited every day and try to find fresh new ideas that haven’t been done already. When I find something, I pass it to Evan. That’s it.”

Thinking on it, he took on a serious expression. “How long have you been doing this?”

“Six years, I was Dan’s assistant before that. He taught me what I know and I passed on that knowledge to Evan so he can more effectively do his job.”

“Why didn’t you take the job when your old boss left?”

Smiling over at him for seeming so interested in her boring life, Amber lost herself in his eyes for a moment. “I’m a woman and they wanted a man for the job.”

Frowning then, Jon looked questioningly “that’s discrimination.”

“Welcome to the real world, rock star.” She said teasingly, then leaned towards him and bit his lower lip to end the conversation.

Jon understood her reluctance to discuss it with him, after all, so far they’d only been sex partners. “Is that what you think of me?” A part of him was hurt by the teasing comment.

“No, just that in your world getting discriminated against because you’re a woman doesn’t happen.”

Gathering her to him, he brushed her blond hair out of her face with his fingers and stroked her cheek. “In my world you’d get preferential treatment. Come with me tonight to Evan’s, let me show you that I’m not using you.”

Her mind was reeling, how did he know that was what she was thinking? That this was just a fling to him in the aftermath of his divorce. It didn’t make sense, yet looking across the room at her calendar she noted that today’s date was circled. “I can’t. Really, I can’t. You go ahead, we’ll catch up later.” Bouncing out of bed, she grabbed her robe and headed for the bathroom, closed the door behind her and gasped silently to herself.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP