Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Chapter 9

“Hey boss, we’re running low on gas.” Kevin’s voice over the intercom jolted them back to reality and Amber realized she’d fallen asleep with Jon’s body laying heavily over hers. He was stirring as the sound of his bodyguard’s voice was getting more insistent through the speaker.

“Hold on, hold on. Where are we?”

“Hell, I don’t know. We’ve been going in circles for a couple hours now.” He shot back honestly uncertain of their location.

Amber lifted her head quizzically “can you tell me what street we’re on and the cross street?”

“Hold on.” He checked with the driver before coming back on the speaker “Fifth and Granite.”

“Oh good. There’s a gas station two blocks down on the right. When you get done I’ll direct you to my house.” Smiling warmly at the man that was now scrambling off her to find his clothes and throwing hers at her. The sound of the intercom clicking off left them alone again. “You don’t mind dropping me there do you?” She didn’t anticipate him coming in. She had a cat and knew from everything she read that he hated cats.

“You’re not getting away from me that easily this time, darlin” his lips quirking up at the corners into an exceptionally warm smile.

Shivering from the thrill of this man, this exquisite specimen calling her darling, she qualified her statement “I don’t plan on getting away, I was thinking of you” shrugging lightly.

“Me? Explain.” Busily tying his shoe as he waited for a reasonable explanation as to why she wanted to be ‘dropped off’.

Swallowing hard, she didn’t want to jinx her newfound appreciation of the man that she previously just loved watching in concert. “I have a cat. She’s very sweet and loving, but I know you don’t like cats.”

Clearing his throat at this revelation, he had to think it through “it’s not that I don’t like cats. I’m allergic to them.”

“So you should have Kevin drop me off at my place and you go back to Evan’s and you won’t have to suffer the exposure to her.”

“Just one cat?” He wasn’t ready to relinquish her company, not after his long months of celibacy and his newly acquired craving to be close to her at any cost.

Nodding cheerfully, she grinned at him “her name is Bounce.”

“Bounce?” that was a new one on him, he’d heard Jon and Jovi and multiple variations of the band’s name and his, nicknames and just about everything else surrounding his life was open to interpretation and use as a pet’s name, but Bounce was new.

“She was named after the song. That and she tends to bounce around a lot.”

“Mmmm. Well if I start swelling and sneezing, I’ll have to leave, but maybe I won’t react to her.” There had been specific incidents where he’d managed to withstand contact with cats without adverse reactions like on the set of Leading Man and was hopeful this would be another.

“I can live with that, but fair warning, I didn’t know I’d be entertaining tonight so the place is kind of a mess.” Wrinkling her nose in dismay, she shrugged again, there wasn’t anything she could do about it now. She had straightened up some in the rooms that Evan may have seen if he and Summer had come in, but the bulk of the house and specifically her bedroom were a disaster area.

Laughing lightly, he directed her back to him so he could zip her dress and make her more presentable when she exited the vehicle at her house. “I’ll close my eyes.”

Inwardly she was cringing over the very real possibility that he might enter her spare bedroom and see the collection of Bon Jovi memorabilia that was amassed there. She made a mental note that she’d have to steer him away from that particular room. “Honestly, if you don’t want to deal with the cat and the mess I’d understand” dissembling politely.

“I’m fine, really. Besides darlin, I’d like to see what kind of woman I’m getting myself involved with. You can tell a lot by a person’s home.”

“Great, now I know I’m sunk. The place is a wreck, I have a cat that thinks she owns the place and my dirty laundry is heaped on the floor. Wonderful first impression I’m going to make.” She left off the fact that her coffee table was strewn with magazines, his picture on the cover of most of them, there was that poster of him in her bedroom that she doubted he’d miss and then there were the concert t-shirts that populated the mentioned dirty clothes pile. Not that she could refuse him anything when he called her darlin’.

Pulling her back against his chest, his very talented tongue circling her earlobe “your first impression was memorable, I doubt that your place can change my mind.”

“Mmm, we’ll see,” her body reacting swiftly to the sensation of his lips and tongue trailing down the column of her neck “I don’t think it’ll be what you expect.”

His voice was a whisper against her damp skin cooling it as he spoke “I’m not easily surprised.”

Chuckling through the hazy mist his touch was causing, Amber instinctively knew he’d never walked into a place like hers.

Purring her enjoyment of his mouth teasing her ears, she didn’t hear Kevin’s voice at first.

“Darlin’ I think he needs directions.” Jon’s voice crooned into her ear, his tongue darting in and around distracting her and sending shivers straight to her core.

“Umm. It’s at 302 Freedom Lane. Take Granite south about a half mile and turn left onto Patriot, from there it’s three lights to Freedom. Make a right there and mine is the fourth house on the left. It’s a red brick ranch with an old fashioned street light in the front yard.”

“Patriotic neighborhood?” Jon grinned wryly.

Shaking her head, she turned to face him, “the man that started the development was a WWII vet and he named all the streets. Are you sure you don’t want to go stay at Evan’s? My place isn’t fit for a rock star.” She bit her lip after the words passed them, she’d never referred to him as that before.

“Positive and since when did I become a rock star in your eyes?”

“You’re not, so shut up and kiss me.” Her lips bore down on his, an idea had hit her that might keep her dirty little secret safe.

Falling into her spell, his mouth softened against hers and any thought of questioning his little blond vixen flew from his mind. Her lips were sweet, still tasting slightly of the wine she drank at the party and later in the limo, her tongue intoxicating as the alcohol they consumed and even more was the way she moved against him chasing any thoughts except those of fucking her until neither of them could walk. His hands were tangled in her hair, holding her head against his as he drank in everything she offered, still wanting more.

Amber tried to concentrate on her plan though having Jon’s mouth, his hands and his body so accessible and so willing wasn’t helping her think as her body was turning to molten lava, while she was unsuccessfully attempting to pay attention to the movement of the limo so she knew how close they were to her home.

0 comments:

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP