Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chapter 38

Showered and dressed, albeit in the same clothes she’d had on the day before since she didn’t bring a change of clothes, Amber smiled to herself as she watched Jon dressing.

Quirking one eyebrow skyward, he could see her mind spinning. “What did I do this time?”

“It just occurred to me that this will be the first time we’ve gone out together.”

Jon frowned, wanting to counter her comment and found he couldn’t. They’d met on the plane and fucked, then met a second time at her former boss’s party and left together spending the night and most of the next day in her bed and he chased her after the party when that snake Whatshisname pulled his shit on her. And now they’d been together again, yet not once had they been out in public as a couple. “Well, I guess I’ll have to do something to change that. Is that what you’re wearing?” He suddenly felt the need to take her to a nice restaurant where they could have a romantic evening before he had to resume the tour. It was easy to forget they’d not been together that long or that often when they fit together so naturally.

Looking down, she frowned. “I wasn’t expecting to spend the night with you or...oh shit!” Realization dawned that Bounce was home alone and hadn’t been fed. “I gotta use your phone!” Grabbing it without waiting for permission, she dialed her next door neighbors hoping they’d be home. “Hey, Jerry, could you do me a favor? I won’t be home till tomorrow night, could you or Sherry go feed Bounce and clean her box for me? I didn’t expect to stay overnight and now it’s going to be a couple nights, but I’ll be home day after tomorrow.” Hearing her neighbor amiably agree, she promised to reciprocate the kindness when they were out of town and needed someone to take care of their dog. Hanging up, she was visibly more relaxed. “Can’t forget my responsibilities, now can I?”

Shaking his head, he understood why she’d suddenly been distracted from his question. “Now, about the clothes?”

“It’s all I have with me. Unless you have something I could wear or you want to take me shopping?” Her eyebrows waggled up and down playfully at that suggestion.

Laughing he grabbed her hand, “I have to talk to Paul a minute, then we’ll go get you whatever you need since you’re not leaving until I have to fly out of here. I know you have a job and a cat to take care of, so I won’t even ask if you’ll join me for the next part of the tour.” Leading her from the room he went to get Paul to make dinner reservations for the two of them and arrange a car. Shopping was going to be done by foot since there were some nice shops right in the area of their hotel.


Two hours later laden with a number of shopping bags they returned to the hotel. Amber was impressed with how infrequently Jon was approached by fans and how polite they were when they did approach. Even more impressed with the array of clothing he’d bought her and even a couple shirts for himself. They’d had fun when normally she dreaded shopping and even more hated everything she saw on the racks. He had a unique ability to tell what would look good on her when she thought it would look terrible. Her feet ached from all the walking they did, yet she was buzzing from the high of having spent most of the early evening wandering in and out of stores on Jon’s arm. It was a dream that she never anticipated living. Attentive, sweet and willing to buy her whatever she fancied, the rock god she’d been in love with for years was now a flesh and blood man that she was quickly falling for. “I’m beat.” Flopping down on the bed dramatically, she turned her head towards him hoping he wouldn’t insist on going out.

“Up and into the shower with you. We have dinner reservations at seven and I don’t want to be late.”

His deep rumbling laugh rolled over her after she stuck her tongue out at him. Sighing deeply, she peeled herself off the bed and found the bag of bath products along with the items from Victoria’s Secret that he’d purchased and headed into the bathroom to clean up. It wasn’t like she got to have a private dinner with a rock star very often, amending that thought in her head to never.

Jon considered joining her, instead stepped from the room to check and see that everything he requested had been arranged. Seeing Richie in the hallway with Linda still on his arm, he couldn’t stop the grin from spreading, “hey man, what’ goin’ on?”

“Heading out to dinner, bro. How’re you feeling?” Tightening his grasp on the woman’s waist, they’d already been out wandering town and done some shopping, finding some new concert gear for him and some new lingerie for her.

“Good, Amber and I are heading to dinner soon too. I’d ask you to join us, but she informed me that we’ve never been on a date, so I’m going to keep her to myself tonight.” cocking his head a bit, his grin widened, his straight, white teeth gleaming. “Interested in hitting a club later, though? It is Monday night and Les is playing tonight, right?”

Richie saw the gleam in Linda’s eyes and nodded, “yep, at the Iridium Jazz Club. That’s quite a drive from here, you sure?”

Laughing, Jon shrugged, “who’s driving? I think we can get a chopper into the city. I’ll see what Paul can pull out of his ass and meet you two back here around nine?”

“Works for me. Linda, you game?”

“Oh hell yeah!” Slapping her hand over her mouth, she didn’t believe her outburst in front of the two of them, then helplessly winced. “I mean, whatever you want to do.”

Both men roared at her discomfort, if she was anything it was forthright with her opinion.

“See you then.” Jon continued down the hall towards Paul’s room with a new list of requests in his head, amending his original plans for dinner and their evening out.

2 comments:

Queenie March 19, 2009 at 6:44 PM  

Oooh, shopping, dinner AND Les Paul, that's going to be quite the night!

Diane, didn't you have this posted over at DLS? I'm sure I remember reading it over there...

JBJBounce March 20, 2009 at 9:19 AM  

I did. I think I posted it through chapter 50, but once I reach that point any updates will only be posted here.

  © Blogger template 'Darken' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP